We are awaiting you at Palazzo Pisani!
This tour will open the doors of one of the most incredibile palaces in Venice: Palazzo Pisani. This lavish palace, once home to one of the most powerful Venetian dynasties, has become the seat of the Conservatory of Music since the 1800s. It is a great opportunity to:
- Explore the labyrinthic Palazzo Pisani and its mysteries: the biggest Noble Palace in Venice and its History, from the Doge Alvise Pisani to James Bond and Hercule Poirot
- Experience the everyday life of an Institution of Higher Education
- Enjoy the breathless panoramic view of Venice and its Lagoon from the highest Rooftop Terrace of the City.
Door after door, key after key, you’ll be accompanied throughout the incredible 18th-century building, once home of the Doge Alvise Pisani and, today, of the Music Conservatory of Venice. You’ll explore the frescoed halls and the Masonic symbols hidden among the stuccoes, and discover the secrets of this one-of-a-kind Baroque architectural masterpiece. You’ll enter the monumental Concert Hall, once Ball Room of the Pisani family and you’ll have an exclusive view of the treasures of the Conservatory Library, like the only original Vivaldi manuscript still present in Venice today. As it is now the Conservatory of Venice, instrumental music will accompany you along your visit of this ancient Dogal Palace. From the Terrace, it is possible to appreciate the urbanistic peculiarity of Venice and its strategic position in the middle of the Lagoon. This experience will immerse you in the unique daily life of the Conservatory of Music and give you the opportunity to help support it: your contributions will finance grants for the most talented students and restorations of the Palace itself. The Palace is also the location of 2 different James Bond (Moonraker, 1979 Roger Moore, and Casino Royale, 2006, Daniel Craig), the very last Mission Impossible (2023), and Haunting in Venice (2023).
- Access to Palazzo Pisani
- Access to the Museo della Musica of the Conservatory
- Access to Palazzo Pisani Panoramic Terrace “Venice on Top”
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Operated by Venice on Top
Vaccine? Quarantine? Masking? We know, there’s a lot to keep track of. Be sure to check local guidelines so you’re aware of all travel requirements before you go. You can find more information about Italy here.
What you can expect during your visit:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Safety precautions are provided by the tour operator and are not checked by Viator for accuracy